Thursday, April 26, 2012

Damage to graphic card (gtx560)?

so I bought a new gtx560 and when I connected it, the computer didnt detect it. it was on, the fan was running but when I installed the drivers it wasnt recognized a gtx card.... the device manager simply stated "standard vga".... so I thought the problem Might be the power supply and it turns out one of the 12v rails wasnt working... it probably stopped with my old card which didnt require much power anyway.



so im going to get a new psu, but do you think connecting it for the first time without the sufficient power could have damaged it even though the card wasn't technically in use?|||No it should not have caused any damage to it. Touching it without grounding your self first to remove the elctro static discharge could have damaged it. However very unlikely i think you will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment