Thursday, April 26, 2012

WILL THIS PROCESSOR UPGRADE PREVENT MY BOTTLENECK?<<Nvidia GTX560>>?

My specs are as follows:

Intel core 2 duo E4300 @ 1.8 Ghz

4 gb DDR2 ram

win 7 32-bit

Nvidia GTX560 @ 1 GB



i recently got by new graphics card but soon after i learned that processor is waaay below standard.

so i m planning to upgrade my processor WITHOUT changing my Motherboard. MY SOCKET TYPE IS 775 LGA so my only option (in budget) is core 2 duo @2.93 Ghz. will upgrading to this processor prevent my bottleneck completely or to a large extent? <<PLZ HELP IM OUT OF OPTIONS HERE>>

PLZ DONT SUGGEST MAKING MOTHERBOARD UPGRADE I CANNOT AFFORD THAT TOO.



<<<PLZ HELP>>>>>|||Yes as a matter of fact I am in the same boat, My Cpu is an intel corei7 extreme and my gpu is a Nvidia Gtx 9800. So yes you are under powered . I will be upgrading my gpu next week .|||The Core 2 Duo is a bit slow for the GTX 560. DDR2 speeds are going to contribute to the bottleneck as well. Changing the processor will help curb the bottleneck, but won't eliminate it completely.|||If you've got a motherboard with a socket LGA775 you really should upgrade to a Core 2 Quad.

Another Core 2 Duo isn't going to do much for you in the way of lessening a bottleneck.|||I would like to tell you that its all going to be OK and that a core 2 duo will solve all your problems but I have to tell you that it will only slightly delay your computers demise. Therefore it is not a good idea to buy a new processor without a new motherboard, but instead it would be better to save up for a processor and motherboard combo which would significantly upgrade all of your computers capabilities. Also when you buy a new motherboard, if you have a computer that was commercially built you will have to check if your OS is OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) or a fully licensed version because an OEM version will stop working when you change the motherboard. To save money and to increase the power I would suggest AMD processors and a compatible motherboards. The price of motherboard+ processor combos ranges in between $200 and $900 for AMD, and $200 through $3000 with the most powerful processor title being held by AMD, AMazingly.

I hope I have helped.|||You mean e7400?Then yes,it will prevent the bottleneck to a large extent but not completely..i would think of picking e8400 instead..its still a good gaming processor

No comments:

Post a Comment